Your final step to become a PADI Instructor!
During the Instructor Development Course (IDC), you will learn to use and adapt the PADI system of diver education to individual student needs. Comprehensive training, supported by a wide variety of PADI educational materials, will earn you respect from both students and peers. PADI Open Water Scuba Instructors may conduct a broad range of PADI programs from Discover Scuba to Divemaster.
This course consists of knowledge development through self-study, quizzes, lectures and presentations; confined water skill review and assessment, workshops and presentations; and open water workshops, rescue assessment and candidate presentations. Before you take the final PADI Instructor Exam or IE you must have at least 100 logged dives. The usual timescale for the IDC is two to three weeks.
- Minimum certification of PADI Assistant Instructor (or equivalent)
- Proof of minimum 60+ logged open water dives including night, deep and navigation dives
- Certification as a diver for at least 6 months
- Proof of CPR and First Aid training within the last 2 years
- Valid medical certificate within the last 12 months
For more information on becoming a PADI Open Water Scuba Diving Instructor with Divers’ Lodge please do not hesitate to contact us.